THIS “S’mores Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream” SHOP HAS BEEN COMPENSATED BY COLLECTIVE BIAS, INC. AND ITS ADVERTISER. ALL OPINIONS ARE MINE ALONE. #SameTasteNewLook #CollectiveBias
Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream from a thick creamy chocolate base is then made even better by adding large chunks of Edwards S’mores Pie.
S’more Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
©Flirting with Flavor by FlirtingWithFlavor.com
Pin it to your “Yummy Treats” board to SAVE it for later!
I scream, you scream, we all scream for homemade chocolate ice cream! Want s’more? Some more what? S’more Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream!!!
Everybody loves pie and everybody loves ice cream and I’ve created the most divine home made chocolate ice cream recipe ever; made better by chunks of Edwards® S’mores Pie!
Edwards Pies are perfect for ANY occasion whether you are celebrating a birthday, work event, graduation or (like in my case) just because…
Good week’s call for pie. Or ice cream. Or both!
When I turned eight years old it was a big deal in my household. Friends and family came from all over. The three things I remember clearly from that day? The pretty doll my Uncle Todd gave me as a present, the chocolate pie that Aaron Jensen’s mom made for me and the homemade chocolate ice cream that my Grandpa Clawson whipped up for the party.
Dear reader, I think it is very clear from my memories that I have always been a food person and a chocolate addict! Obviously I was even amazing as a child… Moving on.
I don’t know if it stems from my childhood or my inherent amazingness, but I always feel like any good day calls for a party (not even joking; just ask my kids!), from a dance party to a “We got out of bed today” party or even a 9 3/4’s yr old party like one I threw just last week for my son; a party is not a party without homemade chocolate ice cream and pie. Or when you’re a genius, you put the two together for pie ice cream that is world rocking good.
Sometimes I have time to make pie; however, most times not. Thankfully, Edwards Pies have that fresh-from-the-oven taste with a cookie crumb crust. Then, each yummy pie is filled with velvety layers of sweet cream and dusted with all kinds decadent toppings. So if I can’t make homemade it’s no stress for me because Edwards ensures excellence in every delicious bite.
Rough week’s call for pie. Or ice cream. Or both!
Well just like any good week calls for a party with pie and homemade chocolate ice cream, or in our genius case Pie Ice Cream; so does any bad week. Sans the party.
Y’all can I just tell you; this has been one rough week! Like seriously, it was rough and not in small part because my son crushed his elbow and had to have surgery to get the bones back to where they should be, and because my fingers got bent out of shape and broken when they were sucked into the whisks of a hand mixer that was shorting and started even though it was turned “off”.
See what I mean? ROUGH!
And what to I do when it’s a rough week? Well dear reader you may recall from my Marshmallow Cookie Crumble Brownies and my Strawberry Lemon Napoleon that rough weeks at my house call for really yummy desserts!
This s’mores homemade chocolate ice cream totally fits that “yummy desserts” bill!
If you’re not all that into the “S’mores” flavor there is no need to worry; I have found that other pie flavors taste just as sensational in my delicious homemade chocolate ice cream! For example, in one of the pictures above I used Edwards Cookies N Crème Pie and Edwards Turtle Crème Pie chunks that I easily found in the frozen desserts aisle at Walmart.
Don’t Scream, make Ice Cream!
The yummiest of ice creams all start from a custard-like base, which is very easy.
- Combine sugar and egg yolks.
- Then, slowly whisk in hot chocolate cream to warm the yolks.
- Put the mixture in a pan and warm until it thickens.
- Finally, strain and cool.
- Throw it all in an ice cream machine and add your desired amount of pie chunks and other fun add-ins as it begins to thicken.
Voila! At this point, you can eat your ice cream soft serve, or you can throw it all in the freezer and salivate with excitement until it reaches the desired consistency. Woot! Woot!
Edwards pies wants to help you embrace the chaos of life and remember to enjoy every step of the journey. Whether it’s celebrating the good week’s, reconnecting with friends, or making it through another rough day, Edwards invites you to pause and take time for yourself, indulge without apology or compromise; take a break and reward yourself.
Recipe for S’mores Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream:
- 4 ounces milk chocolate wafers, melted
- 2 cups 1/2 and 1/2
- 3/4 c Sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- Dash of Salt
- 2-3 pieces of Edwards S'mores Pie, cut into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces.
- Marshmallows (optional)
- Chocolate Chunks (optional)
- Crushed Graham Crackers (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat 1/2 and 1/2 over medium-medium-high heat until warm,
- whisk in the melted chocolate.
- Reduce heat to med-med-low and bring chocolate cream to a simmer.
- In a bowl, mix on medium speed, the sugar and egg yolks for 2 minutes until slightly thickened.
- While the whisk is still going; slowly drizzle add 1 cup of the hot chocolate cream liquid to the to the sugar-yolk mixture.
- then you can add the rest all at once.
- Let mix for 1 more minute.
- Then pour the mixture back into a saucepan over med-med-high heat and cook while STIRRING CONSTANTLY until it's hot and thick enough to coat a spoon.
- add the salt.
- Pour back into the bowl and,
- Let cool in the refrigerator for 2-16 hours.
- When the base is thoroughly chilled and an almost runny-pudding like consistency, Pour it into your ice cream maker and turn it on, freezing according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- When the consistency is considered "soft serve" add the pie chunks and any other desired "add-ins".
- When all add-ins are well stirred, transfer to bowls and eat immediately, or
- transfer to a freezer container and freeze until hard.
Thank you for following Flirting with Flavor! Per usual, this post may contain affiliate links including Amazon links. All opinions are my own. Please see Flirting with Flavor’s disclosure for full disclaimer. Also, you should totally share the love and share this awesome recipe with your friends and family!