Best Asian beef and broccoli recipe: Tender marinated beef with broccoli cooked tender yet toothsome; in an easy, delicious and savory sauce.
Easy Asian Beef and Broccoli
©Flirting with Flavor by FlirtingWithFlavor.com
Pin it to your “Perfect Dinner’s” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Flirting with Flavor on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
With a sauce that is perfect with the subtle flavors of beef, soy, garlic and ginger; then tender beef perfectly seasoned and flavorful from marinating it; and broccoli cooked to perfection; this beef and broccoli recipe will outdo any you can find at a take-out restaurant and it is so easy to make!
When you were a kid did your parents get you to eat your broccoli by telling you that the broccoli was trees and you were the monster that liked to crunch them up?
Mine didn’t either.
Did they make little “Don’t eat me!” sounds and then quickly shove the floret of the broccoli into your slightly opened, but still unsure, mouth?
Yeah, mine didn’t either.
Then did they try it again and again and again until you caught on and just ate the broccoli?
Of course mine didn’t do that either.
And when you ate the broccoli by choice did you do it while secretly pretending to be a tree monster but acting too old to actually pretend that?
I KNOW YOU DID!
Yeah, I still do that too…
Every. Single. Time.
Better than take-out Beef and Broccoli
You guys I LOVE beef and broccoli! I’m pretty sure I always have. When I was in high school I worked at a pizza place and sometimes when I worked the late shift we would trade food with the people working the late shift at local Asian drive-through.
Yes, I volunteered for the late shift regularly, even knowing that I had to be up by 6 AM for school the next morning: Beef and Broccoli was worth it.
I have been trying for years to replicate the things I love most from restaurant beef and broccoli dishes. Just like my Turkey Recipe and my Lemon Butter Shrimp recipe; this recipe is a family keeper y’all! I hope you enjoy it!
When you are making the marinade and then later the sauce, the smell will be a bit off-putting! So just be warned, however do NOT fear! The flavor turns out INCREDIBLE y’all! Really they do.
Okay, enough talk, let’s eat!
Recipe for Asian Beef and Broccoli:
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 TBS Brown Sugar
- 3 TBS Minced Garlic
- 1.5 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 C water
- 1/4 tsp (or about 2 shakes) Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1+lbs Flank Steak, sliced into thin strips
- 1/4 Onion, cut diced large
- Canola Oil
- 1-2 Heads Broccoli Florets (Approximately 3-4 cups)
- 1.5 C Beef Broth
- 2 TBS Corn Starch
- Combine all marinade ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Add Beef Slices to marinade.
- Let Beef marinade in refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Remove beef from marinade and drain as best as you can.
- Save the excess marinade though!
- In a Fry Pan or Wok over Medium-High heat, place a thin layer of oil.
- When oil is hot, add the Beef Slices.
- And cook until beef reaches the desired doneness.
- Remove beef from pan and set aside in a bowl.
- Add onions to the now vacant pan and
- Turn heat down to medium and cook for 4-5 minutes until onions are softening and turning slightly translucent.
- Add Broccoli Florets and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until Broccoli Reaches desired tenderness (Don't overcook the broccoli!).
- Pour Broccoli and and Onions over Beef in same bowl.
- In the now vacant pan over medium, pour the marinade and one cup of the Beef Broth.
- Combine 1/2 cup of Beef Broth and cornstarch together and stir until smooth as you can get it.
- When Marinade ixture comes to a light simmer, let it simmer for 2 minutes,
- then add the cornstarch mixture to the heating marinade mixture and whisk together quickly.
- Toss in the Beef and Broccoli mixture.
- Serve immediately over rice.
Share the LOVE!