Homemade pizza dough topped with BBQ Chicken, Tomatoes, Cilantro, Red Onions, and Mozzarella; a wonderful recipe for BBQ Chicken Pizza!
BBQ Chicken Pizza with Fresh Herb Salad
©Flirting with Flavor by FlirtingWithFlavor.com
Pin it to your “Best FOODS Ever” board to SAVE it for later!
Follow Flirting with Flavor on Pinterest for more great tips, ideas and recipes!
The best ever homemade pizza dough ever! Lightly sauced with sweet heat bbq sauce then topped with the best of ingredients for amazing BBQ chicken pizza!
Hey you! If you’re looking for this recipe and don’t want to read all my blah blah blah commentary, I totally get it! LOL. Just skip to the bottom of this page and you will find the recipe outlined in pink :D. Thanks for visiting Flirting with Flavor!
People Disappoint, Pizza is Eternal…
You may remember from my World’s Best Pizza Dough recipe post that I have Pizza PTSD. The pizza I am sharing with you today is the pizza I ate for dinner on that fateful night three years ago.
Writing this post today was not planned, yet it is kind of poetic that today is the day I happened to get a minute for blogging…
Regardless of the PTSD, this BBQ Chicken pizza’s toppings is my favorite combination ever.
Reader, you may also remember that in my opinion, pizza makes bad days better. I think my exact words were:
Y’all you just can’t go wrong with pizza.
Having a bad day… Eat a pizza.
Your dog just died… Eat two pizzas. And probably some ice cream too.
You just woke and you can’t even remember who you are or what your name is… What is wrong with you?! If you can’t remember who you are, then why are you on my blog?! I know I’m awesome and all that; But man! Go eat a pizza and check yourself into the psych ward!
Or, better yet; take this opportunity to name yourself something awesome like Iron Man, or Rambo, or Wallace; and then start a new life and be whatever it is you always wanted to be (of course if you can’t remember your name then you probably can’t remember what you always wanted to be. That’s so sad. I’m sorry friend but I’m gonna have to stand by my original advice: eat a pizza and go check yourself into a psych ward. HUGS!)
Hey Wallace! How’s your day going? Obviously it’s about to get better since you’re about to make pizza…
Here’s the thing Wallace; cooked food tastes so much better when paired with fresh food!
No matter the pizza toppings combination, my absolute favorite way to eat pizza is with a fresh herb salad and a dressing drizzle on top.
Imagine a piping hot margherita pizza for example; and this pizza with it’s cooked tomatoes, basil and mozzarella is then topped with fresh basil and a nice balsamic drizzle… Mmmmm! Perfection!
That is why, even though our pizza has cooked ingredients; we still top it with an herb salad of shredded cilantro, tomatoes chunks, and very thinly sliced red onion. Squirt over the whole lot with ranch dressing drizzle and life is complete!
The Chicken, the BBQ Sauce and the Dough
I prefer to pre-cook my chicken. Usually I sprinkle it onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Then I brush it lightly with BBQ sauce as it cooks…. Great flavor combination if you need one.
Please see this link for the best pizza dough recipe ever!
To see a video on how I make this pizza, including the dough, from start to finish, please see the bottom of my Grilled Pizza post.
Enough talk, let’s eat!!!
Recipe for BBQ Chicken Pizza with Herb Salad on top:
- Your favorite Pizza Dough (I highly suggest this one: http://www.flirtingwithflavor.com/homemade-pizza-dough/)
- Favorite BBQ sauce (I like Stubb's Sweet HeatBBQ sauce)
- 3/4 cup BBQ Chicken, chunked
- 1 Large Tomato, cut into chunks and lightly sprinkled with salt, pepper, onion pwder or garlic powder and dried basil
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/4 Sweet Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Handful of Cilantro, chopped coarsely
- Roll or stretch your pizza dough out to desired shape and size
- Brush one side down with Olive Oil or Butter
- On a grill heated to approximately 400 F degrees, Grill oiled one side of the dough until golden brown.
- Remove from heat, and brush the other side of the dough with oil or butter.
- Lightly turn over and brush grilled side of dough with BBQ sauce.
- Sprinkle a light layer of cheese,
- then add half of each of the other toppings.
- Once toppings have been added, sprinkle with another layer of cheese.
- Return pizza to grill for approximately 4 more minutes, or until the cheese has all melted and the bottom of the dough is golden brown.
- Top with the second half of the fresh herbs and vegetables.
- Drizzle with Ranch Dressing.